Resources to Avoid Foreclosure


If you are having trouble making your mortgage payment, whether it’s a First Trust Deed or a Home Equity Loan, please call the Credit Union, or outside the 310 area code at 866.618.9111 to discuss your options and to avoid foreclosure.

TCCU may be able to help you with one of the following options:

  • Loan modification - to reduce your payment amount and/or interest rate, for the period of "financial hardship"
  • Consolidate Credit Union consumer loans
  • Refinance your loan to extend the loan term payments
  • Skip-a-Pay


Documents needed when you meet with us:


  • Letter clearly describing reasons for hardship
  • Most recent pay stubs
  • Most recent W-2 income statements
  • Detailed written statement of your household income and expenses
  • Tax returns if you are a business owner
  • All other related and supporting documentation


All loan modification requests must be in writing and signed by all signers on the loan(s). These requests will be qualified and may be presented to the Board of Directors for approval.


The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers counseling to homeowners whose mortgage loans that have become delinquent. This counseling could help you avoid foreclosure, and you are urged to seek it. To find a home ownership counseling agency near you please call 800.569.4278 or TTY 800.877.8339. See the Department of Housing and Urban Development at  for a more complete list of Community Counseling agencies.


Foreclosure prevention counseling services are provided free of charge by nonprofit housing counseling agencies working in partnership with the Federal Government. These agencies are funded, in part, by HUD and NeighborWorks® America. There is no need to pay a private company for these services.